🥩🍷 Forget socks...give Dad a TOMAHAWK this Father's Day 🥩🍷
Here is your annual reminder that Father's Day is coming up (Sunday 3rd September). Because it was such a hit last year, we've teamed up with our favourite P.Princi Butchers once again to bring you the ultimate Father's Day gift.
Get in quick and place your PRE-ORDER to secure an epic 1kg-1.2kg 6-Week Dry Aged TOMAHAWK steak paired with a beautiful drop of either Woodlands or Moss Wood red, all wrapped up and ready to go come Father's Day on SUNDAY 3rd SEPT.
*PLEASE NOTE - This is a pre-order item. Orders can be PICKED UP from either Old Bridge North Fremantle or Old Bridge Como on FRIDAY 1st SEPT - please make your store selection when checking out.*
The Woodlands Clementine is a blend of 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 18% Malbec, 5% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot. Bright crimson in colour, the nose is saturated with aromas of black and red cherry, raspberry, star anise, five-spice and cedar. The palate reveals more primary red fruit, together with liquorice and cocoa. Fresh acidity keeps everything in balance, while spice and young firm tannins unveil upon decanting. $150 with the Tomahawk.
Next up, the Moss Wood Cab Sauv is a coveted wine with a cult-following across the country. Also a blend (90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc), the nose has dark and red berry aromas of blueberry, blackberry and redcurrant, plus some violets, cloves, dark jube and musk, a sure indicator of the presence of Petit Verdot. The complex background is all about Cabernet Sauvignon, with lots of tar, dark chocolate, tobacco and even some cinnamon and toasty oak. $250 with the Tomahawk.
And perhaps the most important part...Tomahawk cooking tips direct from the butchers.
- At least 1 hour before cooking remove the steak from the fridge and allow it to get to room temperature.
- Season your steak with your preferred marinade. We recommend oil, salt, pepper & rosemary.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- When ready to cook, put your barbecue on a medium to hot heat and sear both sides adding additional olive oil, salt and pepper.
- After searing the tomahawk, place in the oven for 25-30mins (depending on how you like it cooked)
- It’s important to let the meat sit after cooking for 10 – 15 minutes, then slice thin and enjoy!
- Tell your Dad or Father-figure how much you love them!!